Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can you recommend any QTP training? ...

I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong forum and needs to be moved, but it seemed at first glance to be appropriate here.

I have a lot of WR experience but only a little exposure to QTP. I checked with HP and their classroom training is 5 days long and around $3800. I was hoping to find something 3 days long and accordingly cheaper.

Has anyone used any 3rd party QTP training that they would recommend?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can you recommend any QTP training? ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, Igor. I'll take a look.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As for me, I learned Rational Robot by diving into it with a consultant helping out for two days. He got me fairly well up to speed and then I relied on the product documentaion and websites like this one to solve any problems I ran into.

When I made the switch to QTP, I started using it with no other transition beyond the product docs and SQA Forums. About a month into it my boss finally arranged to send me to L.A. for some official training by a Mercury partner.

However, in that one month of using QTP, I had already moved beyond anything that was covered in that 3-day training course. Not to knock the training, but it was the "intermediate" course and everything we learned seemed extremely basic to someone like me who had been doing automation for a couple years.

All I really needed was to transition the syntax and learn the gui. Any other hurdles were minor, and usually found with a quick search here on SQA Forums.

So, while your experience might be different than mine, there is a very good chance that your extensive WR experience will give you all the background you need to hit the ground running and, in less than a month, you too might very well be way beyond any benefit of formal classroom training.

Just my two bits.
    "The last 10% of any software project will take 90% of the budgeted time. The first 90% will take the other 90%"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, Blake. I bet you're right. The first 3 days of a 5 day class might be too basic.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I agree, I transitioned from WR to QTP without any formal training. You've got the basic automation concepts from WR. It's just a matter of understanding vbs and programming concepts in general.

If you need that you would probably be better served taking a VB class than a QTP class.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You might also try Checkpoint Technologies at http://checkpointech.com/

I can personally recommend them.