Thread: Crucial part

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Crucial part

These question were asked by the interviewer.

What is the crucial part u faced in your porject?

I answered about the defects I had. Was my Answer Correct.

Tell me about windows adminstration.

I said I din't get a chance to work on windows admin. What was he expecting from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Crucial part

1. Bug Fixes : To check all high priority issues are fixed..

2. When Developers release build late , still Test team has to deliver the quality product as per shedule..

3. When there is slippage, need to convince the test team to work on extra hours to finish the task intime.

4.when customer upgrades 3rd party tools with out/with short notification..corresponding test tool has to be plugged in...thus causing further slippage ..

5. Assesing the risk with unresolved defects.
    Malleswari.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Venma: no one can (or should) answer your first question, as to whether it was "correct" -- at least based on how you described it. The question was asking you what crucial aspects you faced in your project. The emphasis on "you" is important there. This is almost always more a question to learn more about what you perceive as crucial and how you perceived your project work. This is not a question with a "right" or "wrong" answer, at least categorically. This is (usually) a question that lets an interviewer get some insight into how you think.

For example, if someone asked this of me, I might say "Well, one aspect I faced in my last project was that there was no documentation on our environments or our installation procedures for the product. This was bad because we had to install a product that connected to two SQL Server databases as well as a Web server. Without any supporting documentation, I had to scramble to find the information so that I could effectively test everything."

Then I might wait and allow the interviewer to ask clarifying questions. Alternatively, I might just give more than one "crucial" thing but with less detail. To wit, "Well, one crucial area was testing our installation, and we had a lack of documentation on our environment and installer procedures. Another crucial area was that our product had continual demos which means I had to test modified versions of the products that were tailored for the demos but still keep the overall testing on time. I'd say another crucial area was performance because our application connected to two databases and a Web server."

Again, at this point, I can allow the interviewer to ferret out whatever information he or she wants about what I said.

But please notice that nothing I said above could be determined to be "right" or "wrong" unless you had a lot more information about my projects. (For example, maybe I focused on some areas that were not as crucial as others. You or an interviewer could never determine that, though, unless we went through the entire project together.) What you (or an interviewer) can get out of those answers, however, is an insight into what I considered crucial and how I describe those things, the latter of which is often just as important as the former. (Meaning your ability to communicate your notion of "crucial" is often as important as your ability to handle the "crucial" aspects.)

As far as your second question/answer, I think you did the right thing, at least from the scant information I have. If you don't know about Windows administration tasks and you are asked what you do know, it's better to simply state the truth rather than guess or bluff your way through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As for windows administration, one your place I would ask interviewer why do they want Windows administrator skill set and how it would correlate with your future position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Venma,
    The first question depends completly on you.
    The Interviewer wants you to explain one situation and how you handled that.

I am little surprised about the second question.

Please keep in mind...

"First impression is the best impression"

The way we answer to the interviewers ,the way they ask questions to us.

Regards,
    Krishna.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It depends. The interviewer could be the moron.