1. Tell me about your self?
2. How to retrieve number from alphanumeric value.
3. How to capture a dynamic value in Web Application
4. How to get the output value from one transaction and use this output value as input of another transaction.
5. What are the business process following in your project
6. How to count a web table row
7. How many types of Frame work and which one you are implementing in your project
8. What type of testing you do?
9. What is System testing?
10. What is Defect Leakage?
11. What is Penetration testing?
12. What is Regression testing?
13. Testing process of your company?
14. Explain about your roles in current project
15. How u define Test cases
16. What techniques you used in writing test cases
17. What is boundary value analysis
18. If there is an user id test box with length of 0-9 characters,in this what technique u use(both BVA and evp are applicable or only bva is applicable or only ECP is applicable)
19. What is equivalence partition.
20. In your project at the time of deadlines 80% bugs are closed but 20% bugs are in open status,then what u will do.
21. What is Regression testing
22. Difference between regression and retesting
23. Developer said that bug is invalid then what u will do
24. What is meant by defect differed
25. Who will do system testing
26. What is user acceptance testing
27. In user acceptance testing how many types are there
28. What u will do in functional testing
29. What is alpha testing
30. What is beta testing
31. What is omniture
32. What technology u used in your project
33. What data base u used in your project
34. Are you working on front end Application or back end application or both of them.
35. What are the interesting bugs u found in your project
36. Tell me the types of joins.
37. What is test plan
38. What are the 5 most important components in test plan
39. What is scope
40. What is approach
41. What is compatibility testing
42. What is validation and verification
43. What methodology u r using in your project
44. Explain V-Model
45. What is unit testing
46. Who will do the unit testing
47. What is Integration testing
48. Who will do the integration testing
49. What is system testing
50. Asked about my Roles and Responsibilities
51. Brief something about agile process.
52. Have u worked in Agile process?
53. Have u involved in Test Estimation? if yes. What are all the factors u considered?
54. What are all the metrics you used to take?
55. What is diff between Defect density metrics and Defect Variance metrics ?
56. Have u involved in Test planning? if yes. What are all the inputs u provide to u r manager or Team lead?
57. Do you have knowledge in writing macros?
58. An Web Application is added with two new features. what will be your test approach?
59. Build is going to be delivered in another 30 mins.At that time you have find an critical failure. What will u do ?
60. Do you have knowledge in Automation ?
61. What is Static Testing?
62. What is Dynamic Testing?
63. Diff b/w above two?
64. When we should go for Automation Testing and When we shouldnt?
65. What will you do before start testing? He is asking for docs preparation!
66. What is Traceability matrix?
67. What is agile testing process?
68. What is sdlc and how many models available?
69. What is peer review and who shouldnt attend that meeting?
70. Your short term goals?
71. What is the process followed in your company?
72. what are RO (Runtime objects) and TO (Test Objects)?
73. What is function and subroutine? should a function compulsorly return a value or not ?
74. how can u swap values of two variables with out using a temporary variable?
75. File extensions for common repository & shared repository?
76. How can u compare two excel files tell me the script / code.
77. Difference btw black Box and white Box Testing ?
78. Difference btw Alpha and Beta Testing ?
79. What is mean by Static and Dynamic Testing ?
80. What are the techniques youll be using while testing a single textbox of login page ?
81. How ull track whether all your client requirements are covered in your testing. Is there any specific procedure followed in your company ?
82. Are you aware of Test Director ?
83. Explain the scenario where you have struggled to find the bug ?
84. Tell me a bug which you u have find in a very different way that none will be followed.
85. Brief something about agile process.
86. Have u worked in Agile process?
87. Have u involved in Test Estimation? if yes. What are all the factors u considered?
88. What are all the metrics you used to take?
89. What is diff between Defect density metrics and Defect Variance metrics ?
90. Have u involved in Test planning? if yes. What are all the inputs u provide to u r manager or Team lead?
91. Do you have knowledge in writing macros?
92. An Web Application is added with two new features. what will be your test approach?
93. Build is going to be delivered in another 30 mins.At that time you have find an critical failure. What will u do ?
94. Do you have knowledge in Automation?
95. Roles and Responsiiblites for current project?
96. What is the testing process of your company?
97. What are the Bottelnecks U faced?
98. Performance Testing Lifecycle.?
99. Project Scenarions(Current project)?
100. About Testplan.?
101. What are the techniques youll be using while testing a single textbox of login page ?
102. How ull track whether all your client requirements are covered in your testing. Is there any specific procedure followed in your company ?
103. Are you aware of Test Director ?
104. Explain the scenario where you have struggled to find the bug ?
105. Tell me a bug which you u have find in a very different way that noone will be followed.
106. What is RTVX ?
107. What are your responsibilities in your current project.
108. What is Test scenario and template of test scenario.
109. Explain Defect Life Cycle.
110. Who will close the defects in your company.
111. Regarding QC while loging to QC is domain is part of project or project is part of domain.?
112. What is test case level failure and test step level failure.?
113. What is the difference between inner join and outer join.
114. What is the difference between BRS, SRS and FS.
That's really so sweet of u Ankit...Thanks for sharing the Questions.
But it would be more better if there were answers for those questions.
I think you can try these.. QA Interview Questions
if only u r interested...
When I was looking for a job three years ago, there was only one question that everyone asked the same and it had nothing to do with QA. It was something like "if you have an issue with a co-worker, what would you do?"
Patience is like bread I say.... I ran out of that yesterday.
Good one Gencke...there are too many similar questions nowadays asked during interviews to test our patience. Few questions are reasonable indeed but still looking for a reason why these questions are asked during interviews.
Most common for me is, (in the context of SDET/SET job)
Why did you decide to be a test developer?
Considering the job requires a good all around knowledge of both front (writing test hooks into a production application) and backend programming (creating parallelized high speed test setup and tear downs), and some amount of dev ops (build scripts, test deployment, cloud execution) skills. It's pretty easy for anyone of us to invest into being a Full Stack Developer.
I don't really have an answer in that, it's just the path my education and experience lead me.