Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What is SQA manager going to ask in an interview?

I will have an job interview for an Entry level/junior SQA engineer in one week. I do not have any SQA experience (the manager know it). I only have some research experience related to writing code and do some test for my own program. The interview will last for 2 to 3 hours. This is a big telecommunication company. I really have no idea what questions they are going to ask. Can anyone give me some clues? Please give me a direction and let me know how to prepare it. Thanks!

I really hope to become one of SQA engineers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What is SQA manager going to ask in an interview?

There is an Interview Forum that might be a useful place to ask this, or to review the posts for positions and questions that may be similar. Considering your limited experience this is probably a junior position so you may not get asked specific questions, so they may gauge your knowledge. Preparing to know about the job, position and company will help, but going in and parroting other people's experience probably will not help you. Be honest and tell them what you know and don't, since they can probably tell already from your resume.
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Fact #1: 2-3 hour interview. (I would surmise that this may be a long time for an interview, and might include a test).

Was their any information given on what would be covered in the interview?

Did you ask?

Fact #2: Large telecommunication company

Do you know what department you would be working in if you got the job?

Can you research the organization and/or the software that department creates?
    Software Testing, Second Edition: "Intelligently weighing the risks and reducing the infinite possibilities to a manageable effective set is where the magic is."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I agree that the time span suggests there may be a test. Just get some sleep the night before, have some protein with breakfast and do your best.

My first question is always, why did you choose QA? I want to know that you are CHOOSING to work in quality assurance, that it isn't your second (third, fourth, last) choice, and it's something you can be passionate about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The time frame of the interview may also indicate more than one person will be interviewing. Often times a team of people will be interviewing and with the lack of experience known already, the team may be interviewing you to see how you will interact with people.

Be prepared to talk about examples of situations where you were working on a team.

You may want to generally search for software testing interview questions on your favorite search engines.

Best wishes!
    Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
    www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
    http://on.fb.me/PPM100
    www.projectrealms.com/