| || |
Webserver and Application server testing
How web server and application server are tested?
Is functional testing performed on Web server and application server? if yes how and if no then why?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Webserver and Application server testing
I think when one encounters these questions in an interview one should tell/ask the interviewer the following:
1. these questions will take several days to answer,
2. since you the interviewer will no doubt wish to hire me after hearing me speak to the answers for several days,
3. How about if I accept your offer now and you give me advance all-expenses paid vacation now?
... I will at your expense, book the two of us for 4 days aboard this, where we can further discuss this. Bring sun-tan lotion please.
- and here. Perhaps pick 3 or 4 to read.
Whenever you are testing any website, you are testing the web server. Also, if the application server is performing any logic and you have tested that logic, it is as good as saying you have tested the application server. Of course, I might be wrong, so would like to see other opinions below.
A web-application is a three-level application.The sorts of tests, that can be applied on these types of applications are:
1. User interface testing for validation & user friendliness
2. Functionality testing to validate behaviors, i/p, error handling, o/p, manipulations, services levels, order of functionality, links, content of web page & back end coverage’s
3. Security testing
4. Browser compatibility
5. Load / stress testing
According to distinction in both the applications come where, how to get to the assets. In customer server once association is made it will be in state on associated, though in the event of web testing http protocol is stateless, then there comes logic of cookies, which is not in client server.