I joined one forum on the intertnet, which is discussing issues of QTP and automation testing. One of team members asked some queries,which is hepful for our work. They will be listed below:
1. Being as a QTP tester, one should have thorough knowledge about the business logic, complete architecture and database setup of the project.
If yes, could you please explain briefly by taking example of any project.
2. What are all reports prepared while testing any version of a build and repeated in every build. Compliance with ISO and CMMI level too.
3. What should be the test strategy for 2tier or 3 tier project. Does test strategy changes with different tier levels? Does it affect the QTP framework also?
e.g. If in a 2 tier architecture application logic is implemented at middle tier what should be the test strategy. Or if application logic on front end (where your all web interfaces are kept) what should be the test strategy?
4. To what extend we can check databases through QTP using default add-ins?
5. What stragegy you follow to find the productivity of a testing team? Which is helpful to get the idea of timeliness to complete the project?
6. Practically what is common SDLC model followed in Web architecture?
7. What are common contents of a release notes and when it is created.
8. How risk analysis is done and implemented what is test strategy?
9. What is the ideal directory structure of any QTP project?
10. What are all covered in Web services?
Thanks for your valuable input.
I am eagerly waiting for your response.