Does your company give you any training at all on how they want interviews conducted?
If not, is there anyone else in your company who will be interviewing these candidates? If so, my suggestion would be to gather everyone in a room to discuss
- what you are trying to accomplish as a team
- what you are expecting from the candidates
- the specifics of the job you are trying to fill
- what each interviewer's role should be
- what you should not be asking (either for legal or practical reasons)
As a person who has been on both sides of the interview process, I can tell you that I hate to be invited to an interview where the interviewers have no idea what they are doing. Often, they ask questions that have nothing to do with the job. Sometimes, they all end up asking the same questions. Some of the questions could result in a lawsuit, if I was so inclined.
When this happens, you risk losing the best candidates.
Remember, you are interviewing candidates, but they are also assessing you and your company.
In spite of all that, if you just want a list of questions, you are in the right sub-forum. Read through and you will find lots of them, along with links to many other sites with lists of questions.
I donít know if this post is bit late or not but i would advice to ask following question from junior to understand their character and approach of working
1) What makes you a good tester (I expect the candidate to tell me that he/she is enthusiastic and pro-active person who love breaking software)
2) How do you handle pressure, if your manager asks you to test 20 scripts in one day rather than 3 days. What is your approach of starting the task. Note you do not have to complete all the test cases (I am expecting the candidate to tell me that s/he can make decision of prioritising the task(s), which is most important and which is least important. then i also expect the candidate to say I will tell the manager that it is not possible to complete all 20 test cases but can complete that many TC because these are most important).
You need to be careful because any junior person can test some thing but how they test and what is their character that is most important.
AND to check their ability of learning because you do want some one who is good at learning.