QA set up
If a QA professional who is getting a position of team lead for the first time in a company where the QA team is not set up so far.
What are the steps, actions to be taken to initiate the QA Process?
Please it will be appreciated if u come with suggestions like any articles, any good book, any url which give good info etc;
To the best of my knowledge and experience , I am here with some few lines below which I have an idea (not in chronological order)
1) Try to have the idea what is the process so far in practice
2) Collecting the info available such as, Specs, requirement docs.
3) Understanding the application, interaction with product management team, development team to get the information on the application.
B) INTIALISATION OF QA PROCESS. (After creating the test plan)
1) Set up a separate QA server where in the QA activities will be performed
2) Prepare the TRD (test release document) sample and distribute to development team so that when ever they are ready to send their work to the QA team they should submit along with TRD (which mentions the files to be copied, any database script has to be run on the database etc. with the developer sign off.)
3) Introduction of bug tracking tool, setting up the priorities of the bugs to be resolved with project manger or product manager team, so that they can be assigned to development team in order to solve the bugs.
4) Maintaining the statistics of bugs and reporting to the management team.
5) Scheduling the regular production moves if any.
6) Regular reviews, meetings with team
Re: QA set up
Like you i am also heading a QA team in our company. I am also in the process of setting up a team to test all our company projects.
As far as i am concerned the following are the things to be done while forming new QA team.
1) Identify a good team
2) train them both in manual and automated testing
3) Prepare test plan for each project
4) Prepare test case and test data for each project
5) Do manual testing using test case and test data
6) Do automated testing
7) Have a checklist for testing based on the platforms.
Do you have any more ideas to be shared regarding this?