Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Importance of QA (data)

I'm looking for data to support how important QA is to an organization. One example of something is along the lines of, "cost of a defect discovered in development vs after being released to production". I'm having problems finding reliable data to show this. I've searched Gartner (the only site I'm really aware of and would love to find something there) and I can't find anything there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Importance of QA (data)

The text book I'm reading (The Testing Practitioner) has a chart of relative cost of fixing a bug in various development stages. The chart originates from Software Engineering Economics by Boehm.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually the cost of finding a bug is usually much more than fixing it. That being said, maybe this will help you: Bug Cost
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually the cost of finding a bug is usually much more than fixing it. That being said, maybe this will help you: Bug Cost

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was looking for... thank you for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

My organization, Info-Tech Research Group, is currently doing a project on QA and we've got a survey to field. If you can fill it in while it's still in the field (over the next week) you'll get the results of the survey for free - it will certainly give you some numbers around how much testing folks are doing as well as the background of Analysts and testers. This will let you make your own conclusions around "how important" QA is to an organization. The more folks we can get in on this survey the more valid the data.

https://infotech.3uu.us/uc/main/a485/?a=...mp;o=0&p=RK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quality assurance is the arranged and precise arrangement of exercises that guarantees that product procedures and items adjust to prerequisites, principles, and methodology.

Process include the majority of the exercises included in outlining, creating, improving, and looking after programming.

Products incorporate the product, related information, its documentation, and all supporting and reporting research material.

QA incorporates the procedure of guaranteeing that guidelines and strategies are built up and are taken after all through the product advancement lifecycle.

Guidelines are the set up criteria to which the product items are looked at.

Methods are the set up criteria to which the advancement and control procedures are looked at.

Consistence with built up prerequisites, benchmarks, and techniques is assessed through procedure checking, item assessment, reviews, and testing.

The three commonly steady exercises included in the product improvement lifecycle are administration, building, and quality certification.

Software management is the arrangement of exercises included in arranging, controlling, and coordinating the product venture.

Software engineering is the arrangement of exercises that investigates prerequisites, creates plans, composes code, and structures databases.

Quality Assurance guarantees that the administration and building endeavors result in an item that meets the majority of its prerequisites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi,
    Quality Assurance (QA) is the process of checking whether our products and services are meeting specified requirements. QA plays a vital role in an organization. The key factors of quality assurance includes the quality of the raw materials and devices, quality of the design and the skill level of the work force. I am using the quality management software in my organization which provides all the factors and it works much efficiently.

For building quality in the products, monitoring and tracking is very essential. Another important thing is to ensure that we find the errors so quickly and address it. This will confirm the quality of your products. You can get more details from : https://www.unipointsoftware.com/blo...lity-products/ . I hope that you have got an informative idea and it will resolve your issue.

Thank you