Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

trade off verfication activities

Hi dudes
    I would like to know how to make a comparison of the right verfication activity among the other verfication alternatives . that is for SRS , I would like to apply inspection and peer review only, or budy check and inspection only and exclude peer review and walkthrough . my question is how to make the trade off according to what.

best r egards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: trade off verfication activities

hey dude! <there are some dudettes here as well - all genders are represented>

How does one make the trade-off? Simply substitute one for the other??? Document and push the risks associtated with the trade. Start your own online trading firm; selling software development risk futures.

The "right verification" activity is the one that makes the most sense at the right time and is guaranteed to influence correctness and minimize defect insertion.

I recommend getting the requirements "right" and have a process in place to ensure that "rightness" is promoted and adjusted as requirements evolve.

<gods of waterfall please forgive me for what I am about to say>

Consider using Agile inspections. <i am convulsing now>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    hey dude! <there are some dudettes here as well - all genders are represented>

How does one make the trade-off? Simply substitute one for the other??? Document and push the risks associtated with the trade. Start your own online trading firm; selling software development risk futures.

The "right verification" activity is the one that makes the most sense at the right time and is guaranteed to influence correctness and minimize defect insertion.

I recommend getting the requirements "right" and have a process in place to ensure that "rightness" is promoted and adjusted as requirements evolve.

<gods of waterfall please forgive me for what I am about to say>

Consider using Agile inspections. <i am convulsing now>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi , thanks for your reply, u said take the one that makes the most senese at the right time , but how should i know that ??? . lets consider this senario,
    I have applied a defect removal effectivness metric after the SRS. and I would likt to link it with the right verfication activity, that is , if I used inspection the DRE will be such and if Used walkthrough DRE will be different.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am substituting a voluminous opinion/question with a short question...

Following a generic development life-cycle...

After SRS, would you think it good to inspect use-cases and design documents?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    sure I need to inspect them
    Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It seems no one is interested in this discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What more did you wish to cuss and discuss? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I posted this thread coz I want to learn and u behaving as if you are testing my knowledge , my question was how do I make a decision between peer review and formal inspection as the last will be more costy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="blue">faction: I posted this thread coz I want to learn and u behaving as if you are testing my knowledge ...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]My mistake! Your initial post caused me to believe you are wrestling with a real life situation and needed advice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was under the impression that I gave you advice. Perhaps it would help you to read the material under this link. I as well as most of the other people are one of those. Also, I disagree that I was testing your knowledge. Even so, just as you I have the default right to ask questions. Perhaps you need to come clean and tell us exactly what you want and why along with the motivation behind this. Is this a training course and are you being examined on the material? If not, then what?
    [ QUOTE ]
    <font color="blue">faction: my question was how do I make a decision between peer review and formal inspection as the last will be more costy </font>

[/ QUOTE ]No, your question was not specifically that. Here is your original question:
    [ QUOTE ]
    <font color="blue">faction: Hi dudes
    I would like to know how to make a comparison of the right verfication activity among the other verfication alternatives . that is for SRS , I would like to apply inspection and peer review only, or budy check and inspection only and exclude peer review and walkthrough . my question is how to make the trade off according to what.
    </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
    Discussion here requires that all "discussees" execute their own mental faculties. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] In light of that revelation, what do you think about your last question? Perhaps a real discussion will lead to a fruitful outcome? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I posted this thread coz I want to learn and u behaving as if you are testing my knowledge , my question was how do I make a decision between peer review and formal inspection as the last will be more costy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi faction,

Conduct peer reviews.Its free of cost(obviously) and effective too. there is no need for any confusion regarding this.
    Regards,
    Tinker

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
    -e e cummings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast