My QA group focuses on supporting the current, in the field products. We have a firewall security product that has been out in the field for some time. The issue we are tackling now is that we have more and more requests to support newer and different VPN versions that have come out in the last year. We don't have a VPN lab in-house (they always seem to be built as needed), that could support these requests. As you can imagine, keeping a VPN lab up-to-date and running for something like this is a bit expensive, so the question has come up: Would it be cheaper to outsource something like this to a Test Lab would already have this type of setup, or build our own again, in-house?

The last time I was involved with a outsource lab like that, was Novell SuperLabs in Provo, but that was back in the late 90's, early 2K's. Doing some web-searching on SuperLabs doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling that they are still around. What Test Labs could we talk to about this type of environment? Any advice would be appreciated.