Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Need Help on HP Service Test

Hi All

I need to use set of parameters listed in my script, the parameters are in a file saved in Quality Center.

Can this be done?
    If yes, please let me know where I can get more information.

Thanks,
    Shashi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Need Help on HP Service Test

Well sorry for not being clear in my earlier post…
    Our requirement is we have set of test scrpts that should run against multilpe endpoints parllely. The problem is endpoints of these environments will change every execution cycle. So initialy we used to open up each script, update the script parameter with new endpoint and then execute them. This was taking too much of QA effort. So we need a way of making the script get the updated endpoint during run-time.

The work around we found was that if the script has a “dat” file with name “endpoint.dat, and if we attach a new “dat” file with same name to the test script instance in the test set and run the script, at run-time the script uses the dat file attached with the test instance in Test Lab rather than the dat file saved with the script.

This worked for us but one issue was attaching the new “dat” file for each instance of tests,at times number tests ranged from 100 to 200. So for this we created the VAPI scipt in QC and used the QC OTA to attach the new dat
    file to all the test instances in a test set in QC.

Attached is the script we used. This script asks for the used QC credentials and project details to login, on successful login script asks for the new attachmenth file path and the test set folder path. The script will attach the new attachment to test instances in all test sets under test folder in QC.

Hope this information helps…
    Attached Files Attached Files