Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Intergrate Selenium and Quality Center

I am new to Selenium, I have read about it but just installed the IDE yesterday. 2 questions one, is there anywere I can go to read about actual how to use the tool, and two has anyone integrated it with Quality center to use the data parameterization in QC and the ability to set up execution flows for mulitple scripts, and storing results?

Managing execution order of the scrips and storing results within selenium maybe existing function, but I just can't find a place to research all of the detailed inner workings of the tools.

Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Intergrate Selenium and Quality Center

Where did you downloaded it from?

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

http://selenium.openqa.org/

There was not much more than getting started guides there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

what else did you expect from free tool? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm reviving this thread, simply because there's little information on this topic at the time I googled the issue and thought this would help out those Google'ing the same issue as I have.

If you're using one of the programming languages available to selenium (Java, c#, python, etc)... and that language supports COM (Component Object Model). From there, you can use COM to take advantage of QC's OTA (Open Test Architecture). I don't think you can use this integration technique however, if you're just using Selenese.

I hope this helps someone, because after Google'ing "integrating quality center with selenium", there seems to be a lot of out of date information on the topic stating that this is not possible, when it actually is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Oh, here's a great link that talks about this:

http://www.slideshare.net/hpsoftwaresolu...st-architecture