Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Question Selenium Webdriver Firefox IETab addon automation

Hi

My application can only be accessed on IE.But using IETab add-on in Firefox and Chrome we can access my application manually.

I need to execute my selenium web-driver scripts in Firefox and chrome as well using IETab add-on. I tried to execute but when application opened by IETab i am not able to identify web-elements in that page.(It is showing whole page as one object/webelement)

Now my question Is there any way to execute selenium scripts using IETab add-on in Firefox or Chrome?

Regards,
    Vinod

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by vaddevinod View Post
    Hi

My application can only be accessed on IE.But using IETab add-on in Firefox and Chrome we can access my application manually.

I need to execute my selenium web-driver scripts in Firefox and chrome as well using IETab add-on. I tried to execute but when application opened by IETab i am not able to identify web-elements in that page.(It is showing whole page as one object/webelement)

Now my question Is there any way to execute selenium scripts using IETab add-on in Firefox or Chrome?

Regards,
    Vinod
    In short, most likely not. I don't know the internals of IETab. Flash has a JavaScript interface that allows proxing of commands and one could write a bridge. But in terms of the technical know how, it's very difficult. Most engineers who have not dealth with this before have the skill set necessary of to do this in a timely manner.

I think you're better off just runing your tests in IE, then have a few manual smoke tests in IETab to prove compatibility.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Vinod,

Did you try using the driver capabilities by loading the IETab addon for FF/Chrome?
    if so, any issue?
    --
    Vijay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hello

If you are developing your test cases on Windows you can try SWDREcorder:
    https://github.com/dzharii/swd-recorder

it offers interactive recording, and work with IE and with other browsers

Serguei

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Have you tried VBSWebDriver with this? also try with latest browser driver from url(look at the image for latest urls)
    Selenium Webdriver CheatSheet.jpg