Where to start in Selenium Webdriver
Hi Friends, I have done some automation using QTP now I want to learn selenium, I have some problem in where to start, I had already gone through some basic stuff's
* Core java Programming(Understanding OOPS)
* Selenium record and play using IDE
* How to configure Webdriver and Executing scripts through eclipse
Experts please share your ideas to begin with, Thanks!!!
I like Sauce Lab's blog. They do somewhat regular postings on how to solve various problems in Selenium.
Originally Posted by venu.adhikesevan
1. install java
2. install any IDE eclips or netbeans
3. Just go to Downloads and download the java - (language-specific client drivers) jar files
4. Copy all jars files into one folder and ADD these are downloaded jars in IDE
5. your system is configured with selenium
6. open a java file and write the script you want to run.....Simple
Thanks for the valuable suggestion David
Originally Posted by dlai
I am too looking for unit test frameworks, Page object model and other stuff. Currently we have framework based on Selenium/Junit combination since I am new I was too curious to learn quickly and planning to upgrade the framework using TestNG, Hope will do with the help of you guys.
Thanks for the support!!!
You got further than me when trying to learn Selenium on my own.
The parts seemed fragmented and I could not find sources that were organized enough. Also from a human side I was getting frustrated with struggling. I found that there are a lot of good schools such as SeaSoft that do one-to one online training. They show you some ideas and then give you homework if you want. I only wanted to know how to use Selenium if I needed to know it. Now I see QTP/UFT picking up again so I will stick with it for now.
Kevin indeed it would be better if we refer some training, though I have started writing some basic scripts and executing them using Selenium webdriver. Now I'm referring some unit frameworks hope will know quickly.
Have you looked at Dave Haeffner's "Selenium Bootcamp"?