Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to read the value of td using selenium WebDriver

Hi,

I wanted to read the value"No data returned for this view. This might be because the applied filter excludes all data." and need to perform some action. Can you Please tell me how can I read "No data returned for this view. This might be because the applied filter excludes all data."

Below is the html

<table class="empty-view-grid" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <br>
    No data returned for this view. This might be because the applied filter excludes all data.
    <br>

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I am not sure what you are trying to do here. Are you looking for the xpath? This guide will help - XPath Tutorial. Are you looking to do an assert against that value with an information method?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    try with getText();

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Might be easier to ask the devs to add some <span> or <div> tags around the text to make it easier to locate. given that it's a free text node that's intermingled with other nodes, it makes it hard to select using xpath or css. I believe there is a way to select it using xpath, but you might have to do it in the javascript layer since selenium is more in tune with returning HTML elements than free text nodes.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile