User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Handle a popup in selenium webdriver using c#

When I click on a button on a page, a popup is displayed. This is not a windows popup. It is the application popup.. The popup I get in my application is similar to the one i have shown in the image with a X button. now How do I move the driver control to the popup and then click on the close button available on the popup and then move back my control back to the original page..

I have to do this using Selenium Webdriver and C#
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ajay600; 12-25-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Kew Gardens, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a 404 error when trying to look at the image from the link.

I am starting to learn Selenium so I probably cannot be of value here. I just wanted to let you know that something seems wrong with the link.

SQA Knight
    Playa Del Rey, California, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    17 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)
    That image link is broken. I think the site admin needs to check their Web host setting.

Off the top of my head, some things i can think of.

If it's an Alert, a modal dialog that's displayed by the Browser Chrome, not the webpage (these are usually simple yes/no prompts, or OK prompts, no custom styling just a plain browser prompt. You have to use the Alert() class to deal with this.

selenium.webdriver.common.alert ? Selenium 2.0 documentation

If it's a dialog that's part of the WebPage itself using an iframe, As in the developer draws and iframe on the screen ontop of your webpage (the way to tell is if you can't drag the window outside of the browser window). Then what you need to do is switch to the iframe context, do your operation, then use switchToDefault to switch back into the parent window.

selenium.webdriver.remote.webdriver ? Selenium 2.0 documentation
    selenium.webdriver.remote.webdriver ? Selenium 2.0 documentation

Sorry I don't have the c# refrence on hand, I'm mostly a Java/Python programmer.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Hi friend:

I'm new to automation testing.

I'm using TestNG for learning selenium and Twitter as a test website.

Please help with the following scenario:

Pre-Requisite: Login into Twitter

1. Click on icon on top right side of screen to open a pop-up (This pop-up is to create a New tweet)
    2. Click inside the text box on pop up (the cursor gets highlighted and Tweet button gets enabled)
    3. Enter some text in text box
    4. Click on Tweet button

I'm using the below code to get the above scenario run, but got stuck in point 3 i.e. im not able to enter text.

String popUpHandle = driver.getWindowHandle();
    driver.findElement(By.xpath("(//button[@type='button'])[123]")).sendKeys("test tweet");