Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Help with VisibilityOfAllElements

I am trying to implement a custom wait method in our framework and using the VisibilityOfAllElements methods to ensure that selenium waits until the element becomes visible.
    Now this works fine for most of the elements but when the element has height: auto and width: 100% then this method fails to locate the element.

Any idea how we can check for visibility of elements with the above mentioned properties.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarun81215 View Post
    I am trying to implement a custom wait method in our framework and using the VisibilityOfAllElements methods to ensure that selenium waits until the element becomes visible.
    Now this works fine for most of the elements but when the element has height: auto and width: 100% then this method fails to locate the element.

Any idea how we can check for visibility of elements with the above mentioned properties.
    If you're getting NoSuchElement exceptions, you might want to recheck how your locating the element. VisibilityOfAllElements isn't a standard selenium binding method, you'll have to provide the source for further troubleshooting.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    this is bit weird solution but works everytime for me. Rather than waiting untill that element is visible go and change the CSS class of that element to none. and that element will be visible.

Not a standard way to automate, however if nothing works, give it a try.
    GauranG Shah
    I don't make the software, Rather I make it better.
    My Blogs:
    All About Automation
    Spell Checker