| || |
Selenium Automation Best Practices
I have used selenium for both function testing and load testing(push2test, I don't recommend that tool,its very buggy)
Below are the things I tried in Selenium.
1. Use java as my scripting language.
2. Use java property file to store the page object. I don't believe that's the best way to do it.
3. Use try catch block to handle exception
4. Take screenshot on exception, send email notification on exception using java mail
5. Recently started using selenium web driver and grid. And also trying to achieve continuous integration.
6. Use TestNG as my test execution engine for parallel execution.
7. Report NG for report, It's OK but I don't believe that's the best.
8. Use windows batch scripts for calling the scripts.
9. Use ant for compiling and running my scripts.
I work for an organization where they don't have dedicated automation resources do things. I do things on my own interest to learn automation.
If definitely sure there are many Selenium automation engineers on the market who use selenium very innovative and implemented best practices. Kindly share with me and other users on this forum on the best practices you do which would help the selenium community to follow the best practices.
Re: Selenium Automation Best Practices
If you haven't already,
* Use data provider for test data.
* Make environment related variables read from a config file.