I'm converting suite of tests we have from using the 1.1 framework to the 2.0 framework. In 1.1 Selenium started up using a config file that set the base URL for the application. Now, in 2.0 I don't see a place to put that base URL. Is there one there?
The reason I ask is because all of the scripts, written in C# and using VS 2010 Unit Test framework, relied on that base URL being there and simply appending on the sub URL. If I have to go in and change all the scripts then I have to. However, if I can avoid it it would make my life a lot easier.
Re: WebServer 2.0 Base URL compared to how 1.1 worked
I figured it out.
As you know, in 1.1 the base URL was part of the startup of the selenium server. Not so in 2.0. I just went into my code and put the full path in where it was needed. No big thing especially given how I was doing things in my code. It's in C# and I'm using the Unit Test framework in VS 2010.
Below is a method I've been using that gets me on the right page. It's pulling URLs and other related information out of a config file. Those get stuffed into a WebTestSettings object and I use those in the method.
/// Makes sure we're on the right page and then get there if we're not.
private void GetOnTheProfilePage(IWebDriver driver)