As you might have guessed, I am fairly new to selenium. I have been given a little task at work.
1. Go to the Url www.justgiving.com/
1. Click on Get started button on the home page
2. Click Make Your Page button on the next page
3. Register yourself on the registration page
4. Select any on the Charities after registration
5. Click Personal Occasion event on the event selection page
6. Click Someone’s’ Birthday
7. Enter the Name of the Bday boy or girl
8. Click continue button in the next page
9. In the next page click Continue button again
10. And click save and continue finally in the next page.
11. Here your page creation process completes. Logout from the page now.
12. Create an automation script using Selenium RC and C#.
13. The script has to be run in IE browser
14. If you can make the script for multiple users it will be appreciated
Here lies the problem, I am more a Java (Eclipse IDE + TestNG). Tasks 12 and 13 shouldn't be a problem and I realise task 14 will involve some type of iteration, however, I can't get my head round it. I have tried to look up a few materials but I haven't got much luck. Anyone got any ideas. I don't mind just suggestions.
So you should clearify whether those users should act simultaneously or consequently. The second case looks pretty much easy. You should just store some relevant information on file and then re-instantiate your browser so each new portion will be applied to the scenario.
Parallel execution of the scenario will require some synchronization that is not obvious in general.
I am now contemplating your approach vivek, but when you break the scripts in modular approach. How do you call them in iterations, do you just copy and past and edit like that? thats why i'm confused.
Actually i am not implementing any automation suite using C# with selenium RC , but i am implementing many automation suite using Eclipse,Junit with selenium RC.For this i am writing every test scripts in class file and call all these class file in one junit file where you can iterate all your class function as you want.
i think so this approach may also implemented using C# selenium RC. you need to workaround for this.