I am NEW to Selenium. We have one requirement to run same test in multiple browsers (IE,mozilla,Safari...etc) to reduce the execution time. I found in the net that Selenium is the best tool for this. I have gone through few sites to get some basics of Selenium . I come out with few questions :
1. IS selenium is the right tool for my requirement (to run same test in multiple browsers (IE,mozilla,Safari...etc))
2. Can we do functional validation in Selenium ?
3. As per my thought Selenium IDE and Selenium Remote control are two different tools where
Selenium IDE :- Supports script preparation / execution in single browser i;e Mozilla Fire fox .
Selenium RC :- Supports script preparation / execution in multiple browsers.
Am I correct in the above two differentiations ?
4. Is it necessary for someone to deal with Selenium RC only if he/she is having coding knowledge in Java/Ruby/Python....etc. ?
5. The execution through selenium tool for multiple browsers is Virtual(like load runner) or Actual (like QTP)?
It would be really great if someone will Answer my queries ASAP .
3. No, Selenium IDE test execution of HTML tests only, you can export to another format, then run through the programming language using the Selenium-RC-client drivers/packages
4.I would have to say yes on this one, as you need to be able to code in order to get the Selenium-RC-client packages working with your tests.
5.Not sure if I can answer this one, you may have to lookup the details for Selenium Grid to answer this one.
Software Testing, Second Edition: "Intelligently weighing the risks and reducing the infinite possibilities to a manageable effective set is where the magic is."