Thread: Hi team,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi team,

Im very new to automation and my PM wants me to start automation testing for the next project(web application) and he want me to use selenium tool for that,can any one suggest me how to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Hi team,

I say go to the Selenium site download it and start with the tutorials, nothing learns better than experience! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

'nothing learns better than experience' well said

subramanyaraj - getting started video avialable in the selenium site and documentation should help you to get the basic.

If you need any additional information gothrough threads in this forum you should find the answer if not post a new thread.

Happy Scripting..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

here are your two best friends
    1)Firebug extension in firefox
    2)Selenium IDE extenion of firefox

When you say you are new to automation,do you have some experience with scripting or totally new to it?regardless with Selenium IDE you can learn slowly.start with Record/Replay first and then slowly you can move in with more complicated things.