Mates, i have installed the TestNG plugin for eclipse via this way:
1. Help -> Software Updates-> Additional updates tab, provide an URL, accept the terms and installed successfully.Restart Eclipse suceessfully.
2. Window -> Show View -> Others (select TestNG under Java). I can see the TestNG console.
Now i wold like to run mytest and see the results in TestNG report.So thought to run the test via setting the RUN configurations for TestNG.
Go to Run-> Run configurations--> opens Create, manage and run configurations window. I created new configuration under TestNG and selected the project,select Class radio button and choose browse to select the classes... the wiindow has opened with blank page with OK button disabled. It is the same for Methods, Groups etc. And finally Run button is also disabled.
So i would like to know to get my project results in TestNG.
Gaurang, i went thorugh your article and here are my observations:
1. I am using an earlier version of Eclipse 3.4.2, than which u showed in demo.
2. I installed TestNG software update from Add-Ons.
3. But i am unable to run the script code via. TestNG, bcoz it says 'TestClass is not specified' for the project / 'Test Method is not specified' / 'Test Group is not specified' etc.
So Run button is not enabled, to run my code via TestNG.
okay okay okay..
I think i got it.. You are using some older version of Eclipse than I use. And some of the eclipse comes in build with the JDK. right ?? so might be your JDK will be older than the 1.5 which requires to run the TestNG test Cases with annotations.
So check out your JDK version. If it's older then 1.5, Upgrade it and check it again. and let me know if problem still persist.