I will prepare a training about Selenium and I want know what do you think about the points to be covered.
The assistants are people without know about how to use Selenium and poor knowledge about programming.
The points I have are:
These points are all the point included in the trainning, the objective is that the people get out the trainning will start to work with selenium.
Am giving selenium Corporate training to all IT Companies and some other private instutations also.So in that training period am covering the following topics.
1. Handling pop up’s /Bookmarks/links/dropdowns.
2. Introduction to Selenese language.
3. Saving test results in Selenium.
4. Automating IDE scripts in Test Runner.
5. Introduction to checkpoints & functions in Selenium.
6. Port configuration – Related to Selenium server.
7. Handling timeouts, getNewBrowserSession command! Error.
8. Element locators – CSS, Identifiers
9. Selenium Actions, Accessors.
10. Extending Selenium.
11. Exception handling.
Would either of you be able to post your training for the community? I am starting to play around with Selenium and the one thing I am finding is that the documentation is lacking. I remember when I first used QTP there were so many tutorials that came with the app and they were very helpful. I do understand that this is part of the difference between an expensive commercial tool and open source but it would be great if you could post your materials. If you can't I certainly understand that too.
Hi guys, I'm part of the Selenium team. And I'm glad to announce we're working on new documentation for the final 1.0 release (that should be out on march).
This will consist of an online version and the possibility to download a printable pdf version for offline reading.
I'll let you know as soon as we get something published.