can anyone give some tips about these questions
1) what is full form of CIF files whether the cif files will have any effect on security?
2) what is the use of PKI
3) how to Set appropriate ACL’s on virtual directories? Throufg this how we can acheive security
1) Files ending in the .cif extension are Component Information Files (sometimes referred to as Cabinet Information Files), used by Windows Update to determine application versions and patch levels before automatically installing new code. Attempts to retrieve these files may indicate reconnaissance of a Web server as a prelude to a full-fledged attack.
2) PKI is frequently used to provide
a) Privacy (hiding the data)
b) Authentication (proves who a user is)
c) Integrity (message cannot be tampered with, via the use of digital signatures)
d) Non-repudidation (the person who signed the, e.g. email, can't say they didn't sign it)
3) What type of virtual directories, there are lots?