Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I consider QA's role more security scanning and not truly security testing. Most QA personal have no formal study/training in serious computer security and threat assessment. Nor should they have to worry about security, as there are tons to do already.

I see running scans like Zap, Skipfish, etc.. and doing some rudimentary checks for security part of the job. However I do not consider it security testing. I usually like to make it clear in my test plans that, X, Y, Z scans are what I'm performing. And that it can only find security flaws in regards to known vulnerability signatures. And if they are serious about security, they should perform a formal threat assessment and code review by a formal security expert (such as an outside consulting firm).
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    We have a big Security Team/Group here in the company already.
    So if assigned, what else could QA be doing that Security Team is not doing for Security Testing purposes?

Thanks.
    Gilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    To save the site from unauthorise access

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Titti View Post
    Hi,
    For what purpose we are using the Security Testing during the web site Testing.

Thanks and regards,
    TITTI
    Basic information is put away in web applications and the quantity of exchanges on the web increments, legitimate security testing of web applications is turning out to be essential. Security testing is the procedure that establishes that classified information stays secret and clients can perform just those undertakings that they are approved to perform

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    security testing is done to check whether the application is secured or not,it checks to see if the application is harmed to any attacks

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Since this thread is revived from a long slumber.. I guess it's a good time to provide some new insight.

What you'll want to remember in a job interview or a certification test are the 4 A's of Security.

1) Availability - The service has to be available. Can the service be easily taken out?
    2) Accessibility/Authorization - Is the access given to the right people?
    3) Authenticity - Can data be faked or spoofed?
    4) Auditability - Are there checks and balances in the business logic and data. Can actions be traced back to their origin and verified as authentic?
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12