Lack of example code in QAWP

As someone who hasn't worked in BASIC for quite a while, but knowing a number of other languages, I find Seapine's documentation is lacking.

Does anyone have a comprehensive function list for reference? Every time I come on the message boards I learn about basic, simple stuff that I didn't know about, like the GetControlData function.

But SeaPine gives such sparse example code in their documentation, it's difficult to work with.

Is there something I'm missing? I have qawpuserguide.pdf

Re: Lack of example code in QAWP

You may be able to request a 2007 version from seapine which had good examples of code in the help text. It may be missing some new functionality examples but I found the help in QAWP 2007 good.

I now have version 2009 and I'm confused why they would completely rewrite the help which was great for anyone starting out with this tool.

Good luck,

"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
    -Maya Angelou

GetControlData is a deprecated function.
    To get property information from controls use the Property() function.
    Documentation for this function can be found in the User Guide and the QA Wizard Pro Help documentation.

A listing of built in Script functions and procedures is available in version 2009.1.0.
    After installing the upgrade this document can be accessed from
    Start > Programs > Seapine Software > QA Wizard Pro > Documentation > QA Wizard Pro Language Reference Guide
    G. Ndefru
    Software Support Engineer
    Seapine Software, Inc.

What specific QA Wizard Pro scripting examples would you like to see?
    G. Ndefru
    Software Support Engineer
    Seapine Software, Inc.

I would like to see an example call of every function that QAWP defines in the help docs. I don't mean to overwhelm the developers, but just a simple syntactically correct example, side by side with the function definition.

For example:
    An example of an If...Then, End If:
    If( x = 5 ) Then
    End If

and An example of a Select....Case:
    The compiler is very specific about what it needs, and so it would be helpful to see examples about how to make the syntax correct.