Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Working with Data Sheets

I am new to QA Wizard Pro and trying to establish how best to use this tool. I have a question for all the guys who have good understanding of "Yes we can" or "No we cannot" for this tool.

I was wondering if it is mandatory to have all the external / local sheets defined in QA Wizard pro before we use it in the script. What I intend to do is to open and read/write/create based on my interest at that point on the script. I was looking at a flexibility to point to a location and pickup a sheets which I want to use and clear the memory after I use this. Can someone help me with an answer?

One more point here. Assuming that we have to reference all the external datasheets before we use it in the scripts. Isn't it that we are loading it upfront everytime our workspace is loaded. I mean, I dont want to load 150 sheets each time I want to run one script that hardly uses one or maybe two of them. Does this not make the tool slow as the automation framework in your organization matures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Working with Data Sheets

Have you considered an Access Database instead of many local sheets?

In my opinion you have more flexibility in one access database with many tables, then calling data from any of those tables within any script. (each sheet would become a table, etc).

I only had 10 external sheets before switching over to a db so I cannot comment on the performance.

Let us know how your set up goes and good luck.
    -Stace

-------------------------------------------------
    "We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
    -Maya Angelou