Testing a Chat Application
I am assigned to test a chat application. Please let know if there are any common defect repositories availible over the internet which common bugs encountered in a chat application.
Re: Testing a Chat Application
not knowing anything about chat apps but drunk enough to post my input...
- reply from second user not visible as second user uses incorrect characters (i.e. uses ASCII Alt+something codes as his keyboard is crappy for his purposes)
- special characters from second user displayed incorrectly (e.g. } instead of ü) using a different keyboard / language setting not properly displayed
- user not able to log on due to keyboard / language settings
- chat window (the thing which is supposed to just display messages from all chat partners) allows overrides
- windows key combinations don't work (Ctrl C Ctrl V (copypaste), etc.
- inability to enter line breaks (Enter results in sending. so... apply (e.g. Ctrl Enter to make sure you can do a line break in a message)
- if a chat application is supposed to let more then 2 users chat with each other, make sure that that works
i have no clue about the technical side of chat boxes but seeing you're looking for some advice I post my broad ideas based on own chat experiences anyhow... big thing here, in any case, is, that you get another person (chatter) to test with you.