I need to carry out system testing for new modules developed for one application. They are independent of each other undertaken by different developers.
1. Would it be worthwhile to wait for all the modules to be fully developed and then test or start testing as when any of the modules is ready or should prioritize the testing of these modules?
2. Any pointers on how to manage bugs fixes for the various modules?
1. If you have requirements and functions of each modules, you can test any modules when it is ready.
If the modules communicate between each other using a master module (orchestrator or coordinator module), this master module must be tested in priority.
Whole-testing or modules-testing have discussed here in some threads.
It depends on your test scope.
Testing modules will help you to analyze bugs when testing the whole system (based on my experience).
2. You can manage your bugs fixes by using :
- One database for the project with list of modules as list of products.
- in the list of products, create entries like "Project > Modules"
It depends on your bug tracking system.