Hard to give you any pointers and tips now, except generalities:
- Have you done your research already?
- What is your reference list?
- Who is the audience for this whitepaper?
- What is your deadline?
- Do you have a word/size limit?
- What exactly do you mean by the term "BI" here?
- Have you already created a Glossary of Terms?
Why don't you post your first draft, and then solicit feedback?
It would be much simpler for folks you give you more meaningful responses at that point.
Wow Joe ! It clearly shows how inexperienced i am when it comes to writing .
1. My paper is based on the product currently i test , I have been benchmarking this product for the last 2 years .So i think i need to do some more research on BI products , however i am not sure whether it is appropriate to preach the ideas of others when i dont practice.
2.Refernce list - There are none , I am just going to list down the benefits we achieved by following the guidelines.
3.Audience - Fellow QA professional in my company , they are roughly around 800.
4.Well the limit for the paper is 1500 words
5.BI is the domain i am currently working on "Business Intelligence".
6.Glossary of terms - No ,i have not . Thanks for the input.
however i am not sure whether it is appropriate to preach the ideas of others when i dont practice.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">That's why you use references. There are thousands (millions?) of books and reports out there that do nothing more than assemble and report other people's experiences. There's nothing the matter with that, unless you pass the ideas off as your own.