I have to write a document that provides all the information about the testing that has been done, and results that were achieved. I never had a chance to write this kind of document before. Maybe somebody can provide the outline of what has to be included or suggest an internet site where I could get the ideas or a template.
I appreciate your help.
1. Basic information about the product
2. Scope of the test engineering effort.
3. Start date, end date, resource ramp-up and ramp-down profiles (graphical illustrations preferably).
4. Test Environment description
5. (Graphical)Engineering Stats on:
* Number of test cases
* Delivery schedule - planned and actual build drops, planned and actual test engg. cycles
* Duration of each cycle
6. Defect Analysis
* Defect stats - detection rate, classification by cause, module, type
7. Corrective and Preventive Actions for similar projects/subsequent cycles
You need to prepare a Test Summary Report. The outline of this report is be dependent on what processes you have in place. Two good books that have helped me not only with test documentation but also with testing in general are "Software Testing in the Real World" by Edward Kit, and "Testing Computer Software" by Cem Kaner, Jack Falk, and Hung Quoc Nguyen. Also, they have some test document templates on the Tech Republic website at www.techrepublic.com