Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QA Framework versus QA Roadmap for IT Process

What are the differences between QA Framework versus QA Road map?

Do we discuss the overview of the procedure policies for different areas (I.e change management, risk management etc)in QA Framework?

Whereas, we discuss different milestones and implementation schedule to rollout the QA framework in QA roadmap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QA Framework versus QA Roadmap for IT Process

I think you're on the right track, yes. Sometimes these terms get jumbled to me, but I have always looked at it from a simpler, more literal view. The roadmap is basically how we're getting from point A to B and the framework is like the set of tools (including actual tools, practices, and strategies) we use to get there.

So, because I'm on the roadmap trip, let's say it's an actual roadmap. It's very easy to schedule a trip to Florida using a roadmap. We can set a timeline, milestones, and we will have a general idea of how we're going to get there. We might also set up contingency plans.

How do we get there, though? Well we'll have a car, maybe a compass, or better yet a navigation system, we'll need to find the most efficient way to travel (so less luggage means we'll burn less gas and get there sooner because we won't have to stop for gas as much). We'll also need to determine how fast we'll drive and the risks involved with driving too fast. I guess this is a little like a framework.
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------