Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official

It\'s official

My testers have been informed, and the cat is out of the bag - I retire on January 2nd 2008. No replacement yet, and I hope they hurry up so that I can spend as much time on handover as possible. It's only been 2 1/2 years with this company, but it's been a great experience - I will REALLY miss the guys and gals who work for me.

(You may see me here from time to time ater 1/2/08, but as the relevance recedes, it will probably be less and less.)

Maybe this should have been posted in the beer thread. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Doncaster, UK

Re: It\'s official

I raise my virtual glass to you Peter.

Wow! Congratulations!

Sun City AZ (waiting for retirement)

But in the end doesn't it all come down to BEER? Beer is the ultimate answer to all questions in the universe so yes the answer to your question is BEER.

SQA Knight
    Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Lucky Duck! Congratulations, now you can sleep. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

All the best to you, and maybe now you can write some whitepapers and do presentations so as to spread your sage insights. Besides, someone from here has to go to the conferences and heckle Scott Barber for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously... best to you. Don't fade away too fast.

Best Regards.
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

congrats peter. only 32 more years for me!
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Well enjoy your time! Maybe now you can make time to visit those you know North of the Border, but not in winter. ;-)
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

Ah, yes, conferences. Nice thought, but I'll have to make sure I write papers and get them accepted and be eligible for a free registration. Otherwise I won't be able to afford it <smile>.

Actually, we are hoping to do some traveling. (Aren't most retirees?) But the only specific location I have in mind is Shropshire - the UK county where I was born. I want to spend at least a month there, take lots of photos and maybe write a book.

But in the meantime, I promise to come back here as a Troll periodically <grin>.

Congradualtions Peter!

I hope I can make it to that point in life where I can think on retiring!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Congrats Peter!

So are you going to move in with Larry over at Sun City now?
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast