Over the years, I have collected some unforgettable quotes that surface again at the most (in)opportune time. I'd like to see what other people have collected in the way of quotes.
I'll start it out.
1. Manager: "How are we doing on this project?" Lead: "I'm afraid the glacial drive is engaged on this one."
2. Development lead to QA Lead: "Why are you validating against what the customer wants? You are supposed to validate against what we designed."
3. Business Analyst to QA Lead: "This is a BA conversation. If we wanted QA involvement, we would have invited you."
4. Development Lead 1 to Development Lead 2: "We need to fix this item in the next build." Lead 2: "Is there a defect entered for it?" Lead 1: "No" Lead 2: "Then we aren't going to fix it until QA finds it."
And my all time favorite:
5. "I'm going on vacation in 4 hours. NOTHING you can do will get to me." (This person was begging for mercy less than an hour later).