Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Harry Potter, Again

I expected a post about the new Harry Potter book much before this. What happened to all Harry Potter fans here? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, has anyone finished the book yet? (apart from me, that is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I'm not going to post any spoilers here, but I was not that happy when there was a review of the book available even before the official release. We can debate if it was ethical or not, but it sure spoils the fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Harry Potter, Again

Yawn. (And that isn't because I'm sleep-deprived).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've finished it; didn't read the review, so nothing was "spoiled".

Peter probably reads soup can labels for entertainment - ignore him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

We should probably refrain from posting any info until everyone planning to read it has a chance to finish it...

The folks here at the office are at 50/50 now - half have finished it and half have not. I didn't win the pool as far as "who gets killed" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

- Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am waiting for the movie so it will be about three years before you can post anything meaningful [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    But in the end doesn't it all come down to BEER? Beer is the ultimate answer to all questions in the universe so yes the answer to your question is BEER.
    lgeisz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Wow, why didn't I think of this sooner - I'll get the book, read the last chapter, and post a synopsis here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You are not alone Peter, I am getting all the kinds of questions of the sort Why are you still reading this kiddie stuff and such.

Anyway, we have a sizable number of potter fans in our office and our answer to such questions is Be there or be a rectangular thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I had a great time at our local bookstore Friday night. It was packed and lots of fun.... more than a few of the wee ones were snoring in parents' laps before the big release.

I only read til 2 am, and was reasonable about other engagements on Saturday...but I still got through bu Saturday night,I just couldn't put it down until I was done.

It was a fun event.

tester

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm not a rabid fan of Harry Potter (I did see Order of the Phoenix a couple weekends ago though, took the wife), but due to the hoopla and all (and my wife, she is a fan, going crazy about who dies and who lives) I cheated on Saturday morning. I went to a spoiler site and got the inside scoop.

And I have to admit, I'll have to read the book(s) (I did read Sorcerer's Stone, and Da Vinci Code, last year while I was laid up after knee surgery).

So......... yes, there are some key characters who die. One that will make some people cry, and will be a surprise for most people.

Don't worry I won't spoil it, just adding my 2cents to this.
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanx for relating your experience of it without actually revealing the details of the text...a blogger that I generally follow laid out every significant detail of the text...for reasons that enirely escape me...while admitting he was just passing the info along from an actual reader...he hadn't read the book himself.

Did he think that he was doing some sort of public service?

I just dont understand people who post spoilers. It's so rude. Reading a book you love is a genuine pleasure. Why would anyone ruin that?

tester

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes please don't spoil it.

I didn't even start reading any of it until April this year when I borrowed the books from a co-worker who started talking about it and was shocked that I'd only seen the movies. She got hers Sat morning around 9 - was finished by 2. I got it from her this morning. We have one rule: "Don't tell me how it ends".

I have to be honest, I'm very glad I've been able to read the books straight through and not have the year-before-the-next-one wait time. When I finished the 6th one last Friday, I understood why there's been such conspiracy theorizing and everyone was so interested in the ending.

As for the review(s) - saw one when I logged into Yahoo on Saturday morning - didn't read it. Did hear the author was asking everyone not to spoil it, especially for kids who want to find out on their own. Big kicker though was that the radio talk show this morning was interviewing her and she was going on about how/when she decided to kill... {I shut it off there}. Couldn't believe she is now spoiling it. Not everyone can read it in a day.
    Mary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast