Thread: Seniors Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Seniors Only!

A very self-important college freshman attending a recent football game took it upon himself to explain to a senior
    citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. "The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, and man walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited Mars...We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing and," pausing to take another drink of beer...

The senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young....so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little [censored]-head, what are you doing for the next generation?"

[actually for anyone!] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This came by email, so credit to someone - not sure whom!

Deep in the Coast Range Mountains of Oregon, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Seniors Only!

[ QUOTE ]
    Now, you arrogant little [censored]-head, what are you doing for the next generation?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Text messaging, emoticons, and the ability to watch wide-screen high definition movies on a 7" (or smaller) screen. Oh, and high quality animation in the form of South Park.
    Sr. Software Test Automation Architect

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

For next Generation ( and for me also ) i am visiting www.sqaforums.com frequently and trying to some fair posts and to learn more,

So that next generation get better world and less erroneous products,applications and softwares. Which will make their life more usefull and comfortable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

My story begins in nineteen-dickity-two. We had to say "dickity" cause the Kaiser had stolen our word for "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickity-six miles...
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Remember (somewhat irrelevantly), "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Think this hits it on the head:

Point Break -
    Pappas:Let me tell you something, Harp. I was in this bureau while you were still popping zits on your funny face and [censored] off to the lingerie section of the Sears catalog. But there's something I've learned in all my years...
    Ben Harp: Why don't you astonish me, [censored]brains.
    Pappas: [Pappas punches & decks Harp] Respect for my elders!
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What have i done for the next generation , I am getting mugged frequently and sharing my fortune with every one .Does it count ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Logi, can you say RAMI? As in CZ, RAMI. Good way to stop muggings!
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner