Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How fast have you driven ?

No police here so time to 'fess up ( and of course I don't condone such behaviour )

100 in my Golf just to see if it could

125 on the back of a Kawasaki Ninja

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How fast have you driven ?

125+ in my mom's car going through Texas. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] My Brother (who was driving) got a nice ticket for that one, and Also got the police officer's ball cap lol. The Ballcap was one of his county's police department
    Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience -- Dilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

145 mph - 1978 Suzuki 1000. San Felipe, Baja to fave beach 9 miles away. Do the math. I was there in a hurry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

150mph on a ducatti (996 race tuned) and 140mph in a lotus elise both on track days and on the long straights, I did not lose either the car or the bikes.
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Passenger | 152mph. Porsche 928s4. Through a known speed trap. I do believe my handprint is still embedded in the "Oh S**t!" handle in the door.

Driver | 115mph. Isuzu impulse (original design). Late night, headed home after a day of research at a college a couple of hours away.

I believe the statute of limitations has run out on both at 17++ years ago.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

120 mph in my '77 Camaro in 1988...found a mean curve in the highway that wasn't made for 120. Didn't crack up, didn't get busted, but never did it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

115 (we think) in a "modded" 1983 Mercury Capris. I "think" because the speedometer didn't go that high, and the only way we could figure it out was for my friend to "pace" me in his porsche.
    -------------
    I prefer 'maliciously mischevious'.
    Jamie Nichols
    TDAdmin of Evil
    -------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by James Pulley:
    I do believe my handprint is still embedded in the "Oh S**t!" handle in the door.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Woohoo! Someoneelse who calls it the "Oh S**t!" handle!
    Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience -- Dilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Phil

Your declarations ...

Originally posted by philk10:

100 in my Golf just to see if it could

125 on the back of a Kawasaki Ninja
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">seem kind of modest against these others. So to make you feel better this is mine:

102 mph on the M62 in my Toyota Yaris Verso with 3 passengers, one of whom probably weighed in at about 15 stone (210 lbs) at the time. Toyota say that the top speed of this model is ... 102 mph. We'd just been go-karting so my perception of speed was somewhat altered! I don't normally go above about 80 or 85.

ZoŽ

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

88 Acura Integra RS going to Laughlin NV on US 40, 1993. I hit 110 on a straight chunk of the road. I backed off when my car started to vibrate after about a minute at 110. My buddy almost broke my passenger OH $#!& handle.

It rode smooth at 100 mph on the way to 110. I used to cruise around L.A. doing 80 mph and the car riding as smooth as silk. My little Integra would actually kinda drop down at about 75 and really hug the road. It was a fun get in trouble car, and yes I did get a couple of tickets in it.

Probably the scariest ride I ever had was in college when my roommate gave me a ride to campus (about 5 miles away) on the back of his Yamaha RD-350 (street legal Cafe racer). He got me there in about 5 minutes (typically took 20 minutes in my Mustang with all green lights if I was lucky). Lets just say we were leaning and banking turns that if we had lost it we would have been grease marks on the road. I shook for about 30 minutes afterward and walked home later on.

Jim
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast