Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Odd mishaps cause computer grief

Someone here MUST be able to top these stories from the BBC! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Let's hear 'em. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Odd mishaps cause computer grief

A man so angry with his laptop that he shot it has topped an annual league table of the oddest computer mishaps.
    Data recovery experts say although machine failure is blamed for the majority of lost files, humans are getting more careless too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Full details and more stories at;
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3193366.stm
    Jean James
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I deliver what I promise, and I only promise what I can deliver.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Odd mishaps cause computer grief

Not topping but on the same scale.
    1) One of my collegue had come from a manufacturing background and did not know how to use CD drive. He had been given a 'simple' taks of installing a software froma CD and kept on complaining its not getting installed. After checking we came to know that he had kept the CD upside down [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    2) Not related to computers but mobile phones. Heard one of the managers saying "This product is really good. IT still works after being dropped many times" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually, rgadkari, I've heard that part of Motorolla's quality process is to have their products roll off of one conveyor belt and fall onto another one - six feet below.

It has to work after that for it to pass.
    Jordan Gottlieb
    Senior Consultant, Orasi Software
    Twitter: @JG_QA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I remember way back in college - a professor - who wasn't familiar with computers was trying to print some stuff. He had replaced the printer without installing the driver for it. So it started printing rubbish - and he said "Damn! theres a virus in the printer!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Aatish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hmmm, I know a guy that every time his OS (windows) blue screens on him or he get mad at his computer he seems to re-format. About once every two or three months he has an issue with the re-install and he ends up calling me up.

Also had a friend that had a cell phone that was starting to go to pieces, so one day he accidently dropped it(at least thats what he told me) and he ended up putting his foot out to cushion the blow and ended up punting it across part of the room into a brick wall. Needless to say it didn't work after that.