Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: I am losing my mind. or Am I losing my mind???

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jstrazzere:
    Perhaps they are the confused (or untrained) ones?
    Tell us more about the voices in your head, and the brand of coffee you drink!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

training .... hmmmm, I must do that next time

------------------
    hhjj
    SQA to all & to all clean code

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Reace:
    Sounds like maybe they are "pulling" rather than "pushing".
    [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pushmepullyou ... either way I'm losing my grip.

My voices say that I should stop the coffee, but you know how voices are. One day its drink coffee the next its don't drink, you never can tell with them.

LOL

------------------
    hhjj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jstrazzere:

But, if you really feel that they are trying to push you over the edge, it seems there are a few possibilities:

a) they actually are trying to push you over the edge - in which case you are not paranoid.

b) they are not trying to push you over the edge - in which case you may be paranoid.

As to "going nuts" or "losing your mind" - not enough evidence to draw a reasonable conclusion. Tell us more about the voices in your head, and the brand of coffee you drink!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how to train them, it's two documents to fill out? both have instructions and examples.

I'm sure it's a conspiracy... to see how many errors it takes to drive a QA person nuts. Hey! they're doing stress testing.

Am I grabbing at straws? Am I really that deluded, YES.

Oh well. My voices say I should have a new motto:
    "Don't suffer from insanity, enjoy every minute. "
    they also say I should get a refill ..

------------------
    hhjj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Reace:
    Originally posted by adr_r:

Don't worry, just call it "Exploratory Testing". (Just teasing, Cem and James!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

- I broke out into a fit of laughter when I saw your quote Charles - excellent stuff!!

------------------
    Life should NOT be a trip to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an cool and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body wrecked, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adr_r:
    I'm not sure how to train them, it's two documents to fill out? both have instructions and examples.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to insult you or anything, but these are real people right? Not just friends of those voices you are hearing?

Seriously, do you have a sense of what failed here?
    Are the testers just not up to the task?
    Are they professionals? Or, just "testers du jour"?

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerjATaolDOTcom)
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What kind of schedule pressures are there?
    How much experience do they have?
    Have you asked why? Perhaps they have found "smoke" and are going for the "fire".

------------------
    Airborne requirements seldom land and are exempt from gravity.

JP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am losing my mind. or Am I losing my mind???

I have just discovered that my beloved testers have devised new ways of confusing me. They enter undocumented cases, they include unrelated data in the 'Actial results', they even call alpha data (I-IGCT1) numeric data (288369). I believe they are tying to push me over the edge. Am I going nuts or am I just run-o-the-mill paraniod?

I have a pile of tests to validate that reaches to my knee and am on my 6th cup of coffee, so it could be that the voices in my head are not really there. BUT...

------------------
    hhjj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adr_r:
    I have just discovered that my beloved testers have devised new ways of confusing me. They enter undocumented cases, they include unrelated data in the 'Actial results', they even call alpha data (I-IGCT1) numeric data (288369). I believe they are tying to push me over the edge. Am I going nuts or am I just run-o-the-mill paraniod?

I have a pile of tests to validate that reaches to my knee and am on my 6th cup of coffee, so it could be that the voices in my head are not really there. BUT...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, if you really feel that they are trying to push you over the edge, it seems there are a few possibilities:

a) they actually are trying to push you over the edge - in which case you are not paranoid.

b) they are not trying to push you over the edge - in which case you may be paranoid.

As to "going nuts" or "losing your mind" - not enough evidence to draw a reasonable conclusion. Tell us more about the voices in your head, and the brand of coffee you drink!

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerjATaolDOTcom)
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by adr_r:

I have just discovered that my beloved testers have devised new ways of confusing me. They enter undocumented cases, they include unrelated data in the 'Actial results',...

Don't worry, just call it "Exploratory Testing". (Just teasing, Cem and James!)

...they even call alpha data (I-IGCT1) numeric data (288369)....

They're probably just ex-machine code developers who are used to thinking of everything as numeric.

...I believe they are tying to push me over the edge....

Sounds like maybe they are "pulling" rather than "pushing".

...Am I going nuts or am I just run-o-the-mill paraniod?...

Yes

No need to worry, my voices tell me that yours are really there. Darn it! They are also telling me I better get back to work.

------------------
    Charles Reace (charlesDOTreaceATverizonDOTnet)
    "Forward!" he cried from the rear, and the front ranks died.
    The generals sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

(Roger Waters, "Us and Them")
    web site | [url=http://www.ebookworm.us/[/url]

[i]...Sound trumpets! Every trumpet in the host! / Sixty thousand, on these words, sound, so high the mountains sound, and the valleys resound.&lt;/i] (The Song of Roland)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like they obviously didn't take the time to read the instructions.

Call a short meeting, and go over the instructions verbally. Explain what you want to see.

Do they even know that they're doing things wrong? If you don't tell them, they'll keep doing things the same way.

------------------
    JRica, CSTE
    Senior SQA Analyst
    JRicardo
    Senior SQA Analyst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast