How to define a test matrix for a software product during acceptance test?
Pl help me to send a template if you come across ?
Re: test matrix
I think you will find that there is no standard “Test Matrix template”. Most companies/organizations create their own version. The main thing in a Test Matrix is to list the detailed requirement and then the test case/procedure where the requirement is being tested. Some also add a column to indicate the status of the test, (pass/fail), and information related to any failures. Below I have copied a few lists from this forum.
Test Case Name
Test Case Steps
Pass or Fail
1) Test Case number (TC-ACCT001)
2) Test Objective (To verify the max interest Rate filed)
3) Test Steps (Click on Accounting option on main screen, Click on Payment Tab...etc etc..)
4) Expected Result (Max int rate should be 15%)
5) Test Result (Pass/Fail)
6) Bug ID/Defect ID
7) Remarks (Any suggestion/Pending issues)