Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Cool Introductions

Hello!

My Name is Bryan, and I been tech support for about 12 years. I've worked for the US Army, Comcast, Verizon, and now I work for a smallish company called Surfmerchants. I recently got Promoted to QA on an Agile Team in a web development company. I'm excited about the opportunity, but my formal knowledge of QA is limited. I'm able to fake it a bit because I know the platform really well and I have a reputation for asking uncomfortable but nessecery questions about the state of the product, but I still got some pretty signifigant gaps in my knowledge.

I like communities, so I thought I would try to park my butt somewhere with some smart QA people and try to learn through Osmosis. Hopefully I gain what I need, and my annoying questions will morph into actual insight that I'm able to payout. And also hoping to make a few internet freinds along the way.

Also I'm a cool dude, as you can tell from the fun emoticon next to the thread.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Howdy! Welcome to the fun and exciting world of quality assurance. If you're looking for a decent primer to teach you all the basics of QA, I was told to read Cem Kaner's book Testing Computer Software before I showed up for work on my first day. It was a good book, and very helpful, but a bit dated now (the latest edition is at least 15 years old and has MS-DOS references). Perhaps someone out there can recommend a similar, but more up-to-date, starting point? If not, the ideas in the book are still sound, even if the examples are not.
    Dennis Belew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I would suggest to go through ISTQB material - which is precise and gives enough info.
    Also would recommend for any videos/page on interview questions which might help you understand some real time situations.
    --
    Vijay