Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What\'s the best way to buy a domain? ...

I'd like to buy a domain name and have never done it before. What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to do it? How do I have it redirected?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What\'s the best way to buy a domain? ...

There are literally tons of companies that let you buy and host domains. I use GoDaddy and have had a pretty good experience with them. I also use GoDaddy as my host provider.

There is a thread here that has a continually updated list of GoDaddy promo codes that will help with the pricing. GoDaddy ALWAYS has a discount code going on so if you look close enough you can generally save 20% - 30% off their published prices. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/725207/

Oh, and, what do you mean by having it re-directed?
    If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I use GoDaddy to register and manage domains. I've been happy with them and just re-direct my domains elsewhere. (I use other services for actual hosting).

Redirecting is a simple domain config option on their account control panel.

just register your domain simply... don't get caught up in all the extras they try package with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Godaddy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Best solution and cheapest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, Guys! I bought a domain over the weekend and relaunched my blog. Thanks for the tips. Still getting used to WordPress but I like it so far.

It's here:
    http://www.pretenseofknowledge.com/