Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Obama: The Aftermath

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091102/ts_...G9sbG9uZXllYXJv

So I found this article and thought it was kinda funny. It's almost like Obama was that guy/girl that drunken America found in the back corner around last call and couldn't understand why someone who looked so good wasn't already gone. Until the morning, that is. So now they're basically trying to saw off their arm so they don't wake Obama up.

Either that, or the only people actually responding to opinion polls now are the people who ACTUALLY stay up on politics and not people who are being swept away by participating in some historic event.
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Obama: The Aftermath

Whenever the country is in a recession the President takes the blame and people get unhappy, considering how long this one has gone I am surprised that Obama's numbers stayed as high as they did for so long.
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

michaeljf

Its a complex equation going on here, you have Obama-mania, then you have the usual honeymoon period but with the complexity of a GFC generated in the US.

Is it people are worried about the reality that Obama is really not superman and people don't like the detail of his policies ? Has the GFC dented his popularity ? or hs the gloss just come off as it does for all who win elections ?
    Robert Tehve
    rtehve@bigpond.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is Obama supporting only corporations? Or simple taxpayers also? Maybe because of this he has low rating now?

Bailout money - transferred from taxpayers to corporations.
    Wars for oil - profit to corporations, death and losses to taxpayers.
    Roman

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

DeadGrunt

For someone who is supposed to be a progressive democrat, he seems to have a very contradictory politically motivated agenda that is starting to unravel. I doubt many voted for a black democrat for the guy to do pretty much what a white republican would have done.

Much was made of him being different a change for the better, down the track there is very little difference between his agenda and that of the republicans let alone previous democrat leaders.
    Robert Tehve
    rtehve@bigpond.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    DeadGrunt

For someone who is supposed to be a progressive democrat, he seems to have a very contradictory politically motivated agenda that is starting to unravel. I doubt many voted for a black democrat for the guy to do pretty much what a white republican would have done.

Much was made of him being different a change for the better, down the track there is very little difference between his agenda and that of the republicans let alone previous democrat leaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

The right sure seems to be in a tizzy over someone doing pretty much what a repub would have done doesn't it. I wonder why they hate their own agenda so much? Maybe it's a case of someone wanting the dems to not eat thier cake or have it either?

Or they simply can't understand what's going on and bitch and complain because they don't know how to do anything else.

MArk B.
    If you're a slave to your free associations, does it automatically become something else?

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

MArk B.

Modern politics is all spin and celebrity, its the electorate to blame. People don't have the attention span any more for politics hence they look for simple traits like Charisma or maybe .... skin colour ? No doubt people were over Bush and the republicans, but as the detail comes out seems nothing has changed, hopefully he might actually do something about US health care but lets see.
    Robert Tehve
    rtehve@bigpond.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually, as a "right-winger" myself, I'm pretty ticked at the republican party as well. While I'm a registered repub, quite frankly, I'm sick of them. They and the democrats alike trample all over the US Constitution whenever it is conventient. And the REAL problem is that we US citizens are so uneducated about what the constitution allows for federal powers that we just go ahead and let them do it.

My solution: Throw ALL the bums out and get people in there that actually KNOW what the Constitution says and allows and get this country BACK to the "Land of the Free".
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Right on Mark, let's bring back Santa Clause, the Easter Rabbit, and The Great Pumpkin! Let’s put the Free back into Freedom! Throw out the Bums! We can buy back all the Mid-West farmland from the Arabs. Kick them Middle Eastern countries in the butt! Put the women back into the homes to cook and clean and raise our young’uns the way they should be raised. Bring back America! Give America back to the people.

But, who we gonna find to replace them? And where are they coming from? Canada maybe?

Disclaimer: The above rant is not necessarily the beliefs of the Author.
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Put the women back into the homes to cook and clean and raise our young’uns the way they should be raised. Bring back America! Give America back to the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this really be so bad? Without all the underlying sarcasm, would it really be so bad if women were at home raising the kids. As soon as women entered the workforce the economy immediately shifted to require a two-income household to survive.

Personally, my wife does stay at home and it's very difficult to survive on a single income. I think that going back to a time when we could opt for a single income and still live adequately would be very welcome.

Now, notice I didn't mention anything about it being women specifically. I'm all for equal-rights, so I've got no problem with the man staying at home.

All I'm saying is, while you're trying to be funny, the fact of the matter is that American's can't survive on a single income now and on top of that, the unemployment rate is so high that many, many more are already at home. Did you know that between 1940 and 1950 housing prices tripled? Then, after the 80s, when dual-income families were the norm, housing prices skyrocketed. Once again, capitalism faulters, I suppose.
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast