Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

New Star Trek movie

I didn't know JJ Abrams was making a new one, does this mean a new series is on the way next?

New Star Trek Movie
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: New Star Trek movie

Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't know JJ Abrams was making a new one, does this mean a new series is on the way next?

New Star Trek Movie

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's on it's way, can't read the article, it's blocked. I like Sylar as Spock, good bit of casting, not sure how the others will do or how it'll actually turn out.
    We live in the dumbest world on the planet and there's no colour the sky can't be at any given time. Remember that!
    http://dancedwiththetester.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://twitter.com/tonybruce77

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Michael,

Dude... where have you been for the last year or so. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ever since it was announced (almost 2 years ago) that a new Trek movie was being done people have been watching & listening. Most of the die hard Trek fans have been wondering if JJ Abrams can pull it off. Which by the trailer looks both like he did and didn't.

Here is a review of the movie by SciFi channel, and it does contain some spoilers (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...3&id=62312).

There definitely appears to be breaks from Cannon on the original series/story line. But hey... its Hollywood.
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Also, note they are creating a MMORPG game for it too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've been raising a three year old, some days I'm lucky to be able to watch the TV, never mind keep track of new movies. I'm not as enamoured of the series as I used to be, I guess it'll be Star Trek, but not mine.
    - M

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Michael,

I hear you about kids, my daughter just turned 10 and I remember the days of the newborn to 4 year old. It is time consuming. Around 4 1/2 or 5 yrs old they really start to develop the personality and take off on their own and become a little (a little) less maintenance.

And you are right, it is not "our" Star Trek (I grew up with the re-runs in the early 70's). I just wish at times it would get the rest it really needs and they come up with some solid story lines. TNG was a good restart for the episodic version. Paramount seems to go to the well a bit too often on this franchise.

I guess if anything from the trailer I can be kind of jazzed to see how the 'younger' Spock, McCoy and Scotty all pan out. They seem to be the closest to the original characters in mannerisms. I think Simon Pegg (new Scotty) might be the scene stealer.
    Jim
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TNG is the Star Trek I enjoyed the most and DS9 was pretty good. I never loved the first Star Trek series as I never could stand William Shatner when he was younger. He always came across so arrogant. But I did enjoy the black/white episode and Tribbles. So this movie is going with the characters from the first series? Hmmmmmm, have to see about that. Might be interesting.

Anyone get to Vegas to see the Star Trek exhibit? The two 3D rides are pretty cool.
    Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
    www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
    http://on.fb.me/PPM100
    www.projectrealms.com/

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Jean Ann,

I thought/think they are closing the "Star Trek Experience" at the Hilton in Las Vegas. And the Black/White episode is called "Let that be your last battlefield" with Frank Gorshin (the Riddler of Batman fame). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_Tha...st_Battlefield

It was a commentary on the social upheaval of the mid sixties and the race riots in Watts. This is from what I remember reading about it at the exhibit at the Smithsonian years ago. Star Trek (TOS) had a lot of social commentary in it, and was veiled as science fiction.

But I digress, the new movie is supposed to be more action and 'sexed up'. This according to an interview with Chris Pine I just saw via Comcast. Guess JJ Abrams and Chris Pine felt it was a good idea to show how much of a womanizer Kirk was/is (and how early he started). Guess they needed to have some of the free love of the 60's, Yeah Baby! Oops, sorry wrong movie.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I grew up with the 60's reruns and the Star Trek cartoon, with the voices from most of them I think, which was ok when you are a kid. TNG I did not mind, though I always looked forward to Q I found him to be hilarious, DS9 and the others lost me either early on or later.

I guess just as Marvel has revamped its story lines so to must some of the other story franchises, but when most of these have been milled to death do we really need a "sexed up" version? I'd rather they do something new. Maybe a series on Galaxy Quest, they can show us all the "historical records" of the series. That one had some great humor.

I guess soon I'll have to look forward to a rehash of Space:1999 (maybe Space:2099 ?) or UFO (We finally have ships with more than one missile!).
    - M

- Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast