Thread: Olympics Bug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Olympics Bug

See the attachment (sorry, can't upload this to webspace from my current locale" Also, if you can't get the image you could play Find the Bug at:
    http://en.beijing2008.cn/

“So when do they do the 100m Dash? “

“Hmmm, negative one”

“Negative one? What the hell do you mean negative one?”

“I mean it happens in negative one days.”

“So I missed it?”

“Noooo, you just need to wait for negative one days.”
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Olympics Bug

I don't thing it is Bug, there were some events planned on that day, you can click and check that...
    -1 and -2 is just a depiction considering 0 as opening ceremony day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Do you just assume it's a bug, without knowing the requirements?
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well if we were to argue the semantics then, technically, if there were Olympic events on days -1 and -2 then they would be days 1 and 2 and the opening ceremony would be held on day 3. Yes, I assume it's a bug and I'm sure there were no requirements for it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] However, I think a calendar might have been a more suitable solution. Also, there are no separators between the days and the days run together in FireFox.

However, I'm not at the Olympics, so maybe they had Michael J. Fox there who was delivering people back to the games on days -1 and -2. Afterall, even though there would be thousands of people to bring back it would only seem like a long time for him, everyone else would feel like it was a split second.

Hmmmm, ok, well if that were the case then I think it's ok. And, actually, a great design.
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

No I agree with A$H, they (and pretty much everyone) look at August 8 ("08-08-08") as when it all begins. There are two pre-opening_ceremony days of Soccer (you can see this looking at the overall calendar - thus the -1 and -2.

However Brent - it could be confusing to many who have no clue how this is understood by techies. I'm sure if my mom looked at that page she'd be very confused by the links.

But then she is barely able to do email these days. (I don't want to get old...)
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily difficult for people to navigate to, it's just I find it looks out of place. It looks weird. I'd put that in my bug report too. "It looks weird" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Know you know why our developers hate me. This is a showstopper bug for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It doesn't help that I came from a technical writing background, so I'm extra picky about the language aspects of an app.

As mentioned, I think a calendar would be a more suitable solution.
    Brent
    --------------------
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Maybe its a disparity with the Chinese calendar and the Western one? I know I get confused when my wife tells me that its May or something and I'm looking at a different month on the calendar.

On another note, Happy Belated Chinese Father's Day! The number 8 is pronounced Ba in Mandarin, and August 8th is Ba Ba, sounds like Baba, which is a term for father.

There ya go.
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout