TestMaker 7 How To Get Started
Upon successful installing of TestMaker 7, I shall explain with a simple example (by creating a designer script and a scenario file) of getting started with
using TestMaker 7
1) Launch the TestMaker 7 (Either by double clicking the Shortcut or by launching for the folder where TestMaker 7 was installed)
2) TestMaker Console will open up as a desktop application which displays number of menus.
3) Click on the Windows > Output from the TestMaker Console and under Local Console make sure you get a message telling Local TestNode Started.
4) Click on Tools > Preferences from the TestMaker Console and click on Browsers tab and make sure all the browser paths provided are correct as per you local machine.
Next I shall explain how to design a simple script.
5) Click on File > New Functional Test from the TestMaker Console
6) Editor opens up in your Default Browser which has the below mentioned panels
b) Test Type
c) Test Management
d) Use Case
which also has options to Save, Save As, Open a Scenario, Create New Scenario, Cancel Changes and Running a Scenario.
7) Navigate to Use Case panel, Under Test use case, select test type as Designer Script and Click on Design.
8) Designer opens up as a new pop-up window which has options to create New, Save the designer script.
9) Before recording any steps to playback, make sure the following.
a) Click on preferences and make sure the paths provided for all the browsers are correct as per your local machine.
b) Choose browser to playback the designed script under Viewer preferences.
10) Click on Record button
11) Start URL window pops-up, provide the URL of the website that you wish to perform the testing (eg: http://sahi.co.in/demo/) and select the browser from the drop-down and click on OK button
12) Browser will be launched with the provided URL and all the actions made will be recorded by the designer.
13) Save the recorded steps by clicking the Save icon and the extension of the file would be .ds file.
14) User can also playback the recorded steps just to make sure the designer script is working fine.
15) Upon saving the designer script, automatically the file will be added in the editor under Designer script of the use case.
16) Next step is to save the file as a scenario file from the Editor and run the scenario from the Editor.
17) Clicking on Run button from the editor opens up the Controller window which shows the following details
a) The Date and time of the scenario run.
b) Execution ID.
c) Information about the Nodes
d) The steps that were executed and the duration for each step taken.
e) All the transactions.
18) To View Additional Reports, user can also use Result Analysis Engine which is under Tools of the TestMaker Console, Result analysis charts will be displayed on the browser.
Above is one simple example of how to get started with using TestMaker 7. Hope this helps.