TestMaker 7 Installation Help
TestMaker 7 Installer will be available in a zipped format, below are the 2 zip files that are available.
1. 64 Bit Windows 7 machines
2. Macintosh 8.0 and above.
TestMaker 7 installer comes up with above mentioned 2 versions for windows 7 and Macintosh machines.
TestMaker installer requires Java software to be installed on the computer, the installer installs TestMaker Console, PTTMonitor and a TestNode.
Below are the step by step process to install TestMaker 7.
1) Unzip the file and save in a specified directory on your machine.
2) Double click on the Executable jar file which is available in the unzipped folder.
3) Installation of Pushtotest TestMaker 7 should begin with the Welcome screen. Click Next.
4) A License agreement Screen will appear, please read the license agreement carefully and click on the Radio button
"I accept the terms of this license agreement." and click Next.
5) In the next step, select the installation directory path of the TestMaker 7 on your local machine. Either you can browse or copy paste
the path where you need to install the TestMaker 7. A pop-up message will display which says "The target directory will be created".
Click OK and click Next.
6) Next step is the Browser location, by default all the browser locations will be empty, please browse and locate all the browsers located on
your local machine and Click Next.
7) Next step is the packs that needs to be selected to install. Recommendation would be to select all the packs that is available.
Below are the packs that are available for selection.
a) PushToTest TestMaker 7 Environment (Required pack, cannot uncheck this pack) - PushToTest TestMaker Console to develop tests,
run tests, and analyze the results.
b) Sahi proxy service - enables TestMaker to play Sahi test scripts. Required for TestMaker Designer.
c) Repository using Derby - Stores test transaction logs, test assets, and data files.
d) PushToTest TestNode (localhost) - PushToTest TestNode runs tests on your local machine during test development and debugging.
e) Tutorial Services - Services used in the User Guide tutorials. These install on the Jetty application server running the local TestNode.
f) User Guide and Tutorial Documentation - User Guide provides chapters on installation, configuration, test creation, and results analysis.
g) PTTMonitor - Monitoring agent to observe CPU, Network, Memory resources.
In the installation step at the bottom of the screen, it also displays the total space required and available space in that particular drive where
you are trying to install the TestMaker 7. Click Next.
8) All the selected packs will be installed in the particular step which also shows the Overall Installation progress as well, This might take few minutes.
Once all the packs has been successfully installed, user will be presented with a message telling "Finished". Click Next.
9) All the files will be processed in the next step which also includes setting the directory privileges.
Upon completion, user will be presented with the message "Successfully processed 5813 files; Failed processing 0 files". Click Next.
10) Final Step is Creating shortcuts in the Start Menu and creating additional shortcut on the Desktop. User can check/uncheck the options depending
on his requirement. Click Next and Done.
Please Note: Step 10 - Creating shortcuts and the start menu is available only for the Windows 7 Operating system machines.
Installation of TestMaker 7 should be completed successfully and you can start using TestMaker 7 by clicking on the Desktop shortcut created or the start menu
or even from the installation folder where TestMaker 7 was installed on your local machine.