TsetMaker 6.1 Community
Windows XP O/S

I am trying to change from the Derby Repository to MySQL but getting the following error when attempting to create the DB - java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/testmaker

Where should the driver be stored?

I'm having the same issue trying to setup Push to Test with a MySQL database.

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/push_to_test
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:602)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:154)
at com.pushtotest.tm.console.gui.PrefsGUI.createDB(Pr efsGUI.java:357)
at com.pushtotest.tm.console.gui.PrefsGUI.jButton6Act ionPerformed(PrefsGUI.java:1525)
at com.pushtotest.tm.console.gui.PrefsGUI.access$1700 (PrefsGUI.java:96)
at com.pushtotest.tm.console.gui.PrefsGUI$18.actionPe rformed(PrefsGUI.java:1066)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Abs tractButton.java:1995)

I've added the MySQL JDBC connector to the classpath.

The documentation isn't very extensive/helpful:

Repository (RDBMS) Configuration

TestMaker stores test results data in a repository. TestMaker ships with the Apache Derby database to make it easy to evaluate TestMaker. Derby is satisfactory for evaluating TestMaker and it is not acceptable for production environments. TestMaker supports MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and MS SQL Server.

Change the repository using the Tools menu, Preferences command, Repository tab. TestMaker creates a database schema (tables and indexes) automatically for Derby and MySQL. Use the Create Database button to create the tables and indexes for the TestMaker repository schema for Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server.

Any help would be appreciated in resolving this database issue.

Fixed it! At least for my installation.

I originally downloaded and installed the latest version of MySQL and the latest MySQL Connector/J. I used this MySQL installation to run Push To Test against. Using the latest MySQL and MySQL connector was my root problem I believe.

After a bit of experimentation and analysis this is the solution that worked for me.

I renamed the file "mysql-connector-java-5.1.20-bin.jar" to "mysql-connector.jar". I went into the following directories and replaced the existing "mysql-connector.jar" file with the newer MySQL "mysql-connector-java-5.1.20-bin.jar" which I had renamed to "mysql-connector.jar".

C:\Program Files\PushToTest_TestMaker\lib
C:\Program Files\PushToTest_TestMaker\TestNode\bundles\mysql\ 5.0

So far that has fixed my database connectivity problems.

For logging configuration when creating Functional / Load Scripts make sure you configure logging correctly otherwise you may see Derby database errors even though you aren't trying to use the Derby DB anymore.

Open a script (functional / load) to edit -> go to Options tab -> go to logging section and enter the following info:

Driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/testmaker
Username = <whatever your DB user name is>
Password = <whatever your DB password is>